If you don’t have time to choose an editor and a proofreader and work out how to do things, then you can just send us your manuscript and we can help you from go to whoa.
Our Platinum Full Service package is designed for those who prefer to keep everything in one spot, with one service provider. Based on our Blue Combo Print and Ebook package, it also covers a manuscript assessment, editing and proofreading so that you know that you’re delivering the best book possible.
How does it work?
Once you’re happy that your manuscript is the best it can be, get in touch with us to find out how to deliver it to us. We accept documents in Word, RTF, PDF or ODT format.
We begin by securing a manuscript assessment, based on your manuscript and any information you supply in response to our initial discussions. The manuscript assessment will help us all see what sort of issues we might be facing. It could be that the assessor has ideas about how you can improve things prior to editing so that you save time and money on the edit.
We will require a minimum $1,000 deposit to cover the initial costs involved with the manuscript assessment. (If your manuscript is in excess of 100,000 words, your deposit will be increased proportionately.)
Once the assessment has been returned to us, we’ll let you know whether you should do some more work on it or if it’s time to move onto editing. If any post-assessment work is required, we’ll wait until that’s done, then you can send us the updated manuscript.
When you’re ready for the next stage, we’ll send you a quote for the editing. Once this has been agreed to and a 50% deposit paid, we’ll organise for the file to be edited.
This might take a few weeks to a couple of months, depending on the type of book you’ve written, the best editor for the job, and how busy they are.
The editor may communicate with you during the course of the edit, or they may just do the whole job and return it at once.
Once the editor indicates that the edit has been finished, we’ll ask you to settle the editing invoice and once that’s done we’ll send you the edited manuscript.
You’ll get the chance to accept or reject the editor’s changes and to discuss anything which doesn’t work for you.
Once you’ve finalised your manuscript, we’ll then send you a publishing quote which will cover:
- formatting and layout for print, including cover file design and creation
- proofreading once the book has been laid out
- a printed proof for you to check (from Ingram’s Lightning Source)
- creation of a KDP Print version (where applicable)
- creation of the accompanying ebooks and covers
- publication/release of all books via our standard channels (i.e. Ingram’s Lightning Source, Amazon’s KDP and Smashwords)
- ten included print copies (plus the opportunity to order additional at wholesale rates)
- legal deposit
You can supply your own cover if you have your own cover designer. We will allow you a credit on your package price to compensate for providing your own cover and liaise with your cover designer re: spine width, barcode placement etc. (Please note your cover designer will need to be able to export print covers to PDFx-1a standard. We will supply templates, links and further instructions depending on your book’s cover requirements as the project progresses.)
Once you’re happy with our quote, pay it in full, or pay the deposit on your payment plan, and we’ll go to work. (Please note: the payment plan is only available for our in-house publishing processes – it doesn’t cover manuscript assessment, editing or proofreading.)
From here on in, the process follows our Blue Combo Print and Ebook package, with the addition of proofreading after the book has been laid out to print.
As per our Blue Combo Print and Ebook package, we will keep you informed of steps along the way until you’re finally a published author!
What does it cost?
The base price for our Platinum Full Service package is $5,995 including GST. This is based on a book with a word count of 30,000 words.
Until we see your manuscript, we won’t be able to quote more accurately.
First the good news!
- If you’ve published a combo package with us before, we will take off $100 as an IndieMosh loyalty discount.
- If you’ve published an ebook only package with us before, we will take off $50 as an IndieMosh loyalty discount.
- If you have your own cover designer and they are capable of exporting print and ebook covers in line with our specs, we will take off $200 to compensate. We are happy to liaise directly with your cover designer if you wish.
The sorts of items which will increase the cost of the package are calculated as small unit costs of the following:
- A word count in excess of 30,000 will increase the editing and proofreading components of the package.
- Additional chapters, short stories or poems in excess of 35 where each starts on their own page and/or has their own heading.
- More than one section e.g. ‘Book 1’, ‘Book 2’ etc
- Tailored headers or footers per additional sections (not counting the initial section e.g. not counting ‘Book 1’)
- Footnotes or endnotes
- Image/Table/Plate/Figure insertions (not including cost of images if we are required to purchase them and does not cover enhancements using Photoshop or other formatting)
- Captions for images, tables, plates, figures etc
- Bullet point lists
- Numbered lists
- Instances of italics, other than in headings
- Table formatting
- Additional tables of contents for images, tables, plates, figures etc
- Index formatting
- Colour internals – $150
- Hardback option – $150
- Premium cover design – from $295
- Author’s promotional postcards x 100 – $295
- Online promotional pack – $195
Find out more about our Optional Extras here